My little brothers five gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp and Ramshorn snails and 6 Chilis, there are a few other possibilities. Shrimp would like some Java Moss/low light plants, and the light could go on a timer.

And don't over feed them. The micro fish might need you to use Micro Bites from Hikari and grate them together with your fingers to make them even smaller. They have tiny mouths.

I wouldn't use flakes in a tank that small either. Can too easily cause ammonia spikes.

For the moss, not really anything to take care of just keep it out of the filter intake and get a pre-filter sponge to cover it so the shrimp don't go into the intake and turn into shrimp puree.

Just to clarify, if you get any other fish, you will need to take the swords and kuhlis back.
The swords grow very large! I have some that are maybe 6 months old and are 4" long not including the males sword. The ones you see at pet stores have sexed out but aren't close to full grown yet.

If I were you I'd look into a trio or foursome of guppies or endlers and some shrimp. Sounds like you are looking for the tank to have some activity and that would provide it, but you'd want to upgrade with them eventually too if you want them to breed. Guppies might be a better choice since they are more likely to eat their fry, but endlers can work if your brother wouldn't mind getting rid of the fry eventually

ill do a betta, there other fish out there to like killifish that work to, you could try a dwarf guorami, hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom