my new 10g :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is way overstocked for a 10g but you have already been told that in another thread.

I know I'm getting rid of red rosies and the tetras I agree little crowded lol ill update tomarrow

Would just the 4 gouramis and 3 black skirts be okay? Or should I do just gouramis?

Would just the 4 gouramis and 3 black skirts be okay? Or should I do just gouramis?

If by gouramis you mean 1 gourami with frequent water changes then yes. If you mean anything other than just one gourami and zero tetras then no.

Idk I have had these gouramis for about a year and they have the best fish not mean not territorial at all and are always swimming together happily.

This was discussed earlier. A ten gallon is a good size to add 1 Dwarf Gourami. You have 3 large Gourami's and talked earlier about getting another one. Skirt tetra's are also too large for a 10g tank.

Before you buy any fish you need to learn to research the species. What is the adult size, what is the minimum tank size needed, and a ton more information. It's not about going out and buying fish you like without taking into consideration what they require.

This was discussed earlier. A ten gallon is a good size to add 1 Dwarf Gourami. You have 3 large Gourami's and talked earlier about getting another one. Skirt tetra's are also too large for a 10g tank.

Before you buy any fish you need to learn to research the species. What is the adult size, what is the minimum tank size needed, and a ton more information. It's not about going out and buying fish you like without taking into consideration what they require.

Rivercats is one of the best people on this site for freshwater advice. All the info is spot on

What's weird is ivd had them this crowded a lot and they have always been happy. If they need these things "required" they wouldn't be alive nor happy for that matter you guys read up on the stuff on the internet and get it sunk in that that's the only way to go. But what you don't realize is this is how these fish are raised it crowded tanks as so.

Those look like pearl gouramis if I am correct, they need at least a 30 gallon tank, one dwarf gourami would fully stock it, I would suggest 5 pigmy Cory's and two guppies or one platy along with maybe some Otos if the tank is established( which I am guessing it is, like you said that you have had it for a year) or shrimp

What's weird is ivd had them this crowded a lot and they have always been happy. If they need these things "required" they wouldn't be alive nor happy for that matter you guys read up on the stuff on the internet and get it sunk in that that's the only way to go. But what you don't realize is this is how these fish are raised it crowded tanks as so.

I don't think you would be happy if you lived in a small living room alone with 8 people would you?

Lol, sure, if u stock a tank of semi aggressive ish with to a to small of a tank, they have no room to set up territories. Plus it's called stunting, where a possibly 6 in potential fish dies a horrible painful death when the outer body, skeletal and muscle quit growing but inner organs don't so they basically implode.

So have fun with it

And this wouldn't have happen within the past year of them growing when it takes less than a year to grow to medium to full size?

And this wouldn't have happen within the past year of them growing when it takes less than a year to grow to medium to full size?

They slow down growth, it's not instantly. You didn't grown all at once as a child. There trying to slow down the process so they live longer.

Nope, they can stop growing, but once stunted, the organs grow slower, but surely, so it could take another 6 months for it to happen, that is just cruel, you shouldn't keep fish if you are not going to take responsibility for them

You seem not to want to hear what your being told. You say your fish are happy because they are swimming around and eating? They are fish and this is what they do. There is very little space for them to swim. I've been in the hobby well over 30 years and have a pretty good handle on fish and stocking. You want to be a fish owner then you need to buck up and be a responsible one. It's your responsibility to provide the fish with what they need as they can't do it themselves. I know this won't change your thoughts on what your doing but as long as you keep posting about these fish in a 10g tank responsible fish owners will continue to try to get you to understand this situation is not at all good for the fish no matter what you think. How long have you been keeping fish? How much research have you done about the fish you have? You posted obviously wanting opinions and keep getting the same ones from different people so seriously do you think everybody saying the same thing is wrong or maybe your wrong and doing the fish a serious injustice.

Back
Top Bottom