My new 125 gallon tank ! Pics !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpfitness23

Aquarium Advice Freak
So this is my new 125 gallon tank !.... It took me a long time to pick out the drift wood because I want my tank to be a show stopper when people come in my living room ! I think the pieces are crazy looking!.. The center piece alone is 14 pounds.( african driftwood). I got a black background coming in and a Fluval FX5 canister filter coming in as well as about a hundred pounds of black gravel too !... I need help on the rest. Please give me idea on driftwood plants that are amazing and what your landscape would look like!:)... As well as landscaping in the gravel. Your idea can help me build this tank !... OH... And the lights push out 8,000k.. Not the best :banghead:

Sorry crapy pics... will post better ones in a few weeks when landscape is done !:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG7476.jpg
    IMG7476.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG7477.jpg
    IMG7477.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG7478.jpg
    IMG7478.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 531
Wow... I can't even see the gravel lol, but the DW Is amazing! Mosses are best for that kinda set up, christmas, java, etc.

Oh, I think the gravel would look really nice, but it could also make the tank look very dark, maybe white Pool filter sand would look better?

dpfitness23 said:
cant wait to have it set up... How long would it take for the java moss to spread out?

You'd have to buy a bunch and put it where you'd like it. It'd probably take 6 months or so depending on lighting, but i'm not sure.

hmmmm... interesting:)... the only problem is I got eels that love to sleep deep in sand... And when they poop theres no filtration in the sand and it just lays hidden til i get brown algae from where the poop is

dpfitness23 said:
hmmmm... interesting:)... the only problem is I got eels that love to sleep deep in sand... And when they poop theres no filtration in the sand and it just lays hidden til i get brown algae from where the poop is

Do you have a gravel vac? Just stir up the sand every once in a while and siphon up the crud that comes up. Another thing I'd be worried about with gravel is that since the eels like to burrow in the sand, they'd probably try and do it in the gravel, which could tear them to shreds!

Oh yeah... that gar scares me hes still a baby tho (for now)... And the ones that dig in the gravel are my spine eels... The gravel i chose is extremly light weight and they love it... Just the 100 pounds of it is expensive...

I think black gravel sounds great. And I love your hardscape!

Thanks!... Yeah my local pet store got in over 500 pounds of african driftwood.. And I was the first at the door when they opened and stayed for 3 hours til all the wood lined up.. I look for the best twisting eye catchers ! The only problem is the wood cost almost as the tank !:lol:

Do you have a gravel vac? Just stir up the sand every once in a while and siphon up the crud that comes up. Another thing I'd be worried about with gravel is that since the eels like to burrow in the sand, they'd probably try and do it in the gravel, which could tear them to shreds!

Yeah I do... didnt know you could use it for sand?.. I guess my sand was just to fine... Cause it would suck up the sand too

dpfitness23 said:
Yeah I do... didnt know you could use it for sand?.. I guess my sand was just to fine... Cause it would suck up the sand too

A python might help with that, but if you put a pantyhose over the vac, it keeps the sand from getting sucked in.

I just might try that... Got ideas flowing thru my brain.... Now were cooking!... What about landscape?... Im kind of scared do to my eels... Dont want them digging up plants

They have black sand out there too if you want black. I say sand though. It will look more natural and I think much better after your project is finished. When the moss grows on the wood and you have other plants growing it will be an awesome place for your fish/ eels

They have black sand out there too if you want black. I say sand though. It will look more natural and I think much better after your project is finished. When the moss grows on the wood and you have other plants growing it will be an awesome place for your fish/ eels

Dont they sell black sand thats not so fine.... I think thats why it failed in my 75 gallon... it was just too sandy if that makes since :)

Back
Top Bottom