My new 75 gallon build, tons of pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atljar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wasn't able to post all the pics in message board format, so put them all on a cheap webpage. Enjoy and THANK YOU to so many members here.

Fishtank

-Jared

Attachments

• DSCN0039.jpg
    DSCN0039.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 172
Can i hire u to come build my whole house lol seriously great work

Wow!! You are a project guy! Wish I had your chops , my tanks are off Craigslist and look about as fancy. I get free stickers with both "the college dorm special" and "too busy dad of two garage markdown"

My fish don't like jam bands or unicorns, but they don't have to look at the stickers ;) ps your cat is hilarious, and he is clearly enjoying the new sushi restaurant you built him

WOW!!! This is awesome!! Love how it all blends in with the rest of the wall and the 360 degree view!! The photo bombing cats are great too haha.

Excellent work. I'm jealous! Come do mine!

Whoa. That is nothing short of amazing. Wow. It looks so good!

Thanks ladies and gents! It was a tremendous amount of work and planning. Im really happy with how it turned out. Im not a contractor or anything, just a normal guy that's mechanically inclined.

Im working on cycling the tank right now, been running for a few days. Plan is to stock with African Cichlids. Maybe 15-20 of them? Hopefully this this cycles soon!

Awesome build! Really appreciate seeing how you did each step. Looking forward to future builds by you! :D

The care and craftsmanship that went into the project are amazing, but you were upstaged! Did your cat really photo bomb you not once, but twice?! Gotta love our other pets. If I leave the stand doors open my little dog is climbing in.

Thanks ladies and gents! It was a tremendous amount of work and planning. Im really happy with how it turned out. Im not a contractor or anything, just a normal guy that's mechanically inclined.

Im working on cycling the tank right now, been running for a few days. Plan is to stock with African Cichlids. Maybe 15-20 of them? Hopefully this this cycles soon!

Love this! I really regret not doing african cichlids in my 55g community big time. I'm sure you will be super happy with it! Can't wait to see what cichlids you end up with!

The care and craftsmanship that went into the project are amazing, but you were upstaged! Did your cat really photo bomb you not once, but twice?! Gotta love our other pets. If I leave the stand doors open my little dog is climbing in.

I counted 6 different pictures, lol. They are cats with the personality of dogs. Both fetch. play with water, and follow me around room to room. If anyone ever wants a cat, check out the breed. Really awesome.

Lol, I'm just speechless. I love all the pipework and undergravel jet/intake/outlet construction! (And the valves!!) - is it all connected to the bathroom or something? How do you change the water exactly? Because I know for sure, that my buckets are killing me already with my 64 gallon...

Lol, I'm just speechless. I love all the pipework and undergravel jet/intake/outlet construction! (And the valves!!) - is it all connected to the bathroom or something? How do you change the water exactly? Because I know for sure, that my buckets are killing me already with my 64 gallon...

There are T fittings on both the intake side and outlet side of the circulation pump, with two valves on each side of the "T". Close one valve, leave the other open and it will pull from the open side. Same with outlet, close one and open the other and it will exit the open valve. This can be seen in the uinder cabinet shot, dead center running up and down along the 4x4 post.

Normal operation the pump will pull from the main drain manifold, and return through the under gravel jets. If I want to drain water, I just close off the return to the tank, and open the other valve (with a hose hooked up to it). From there I can pump the water outside or into a drain.

For filling the same method applies. I actually made a bucket with a fitting on the end of it that I can fill in the bath room tub. Put dechlorinator/chemicals in the water, bring to correct temp, and then suck all that water directly into the tank without having to lift and pour from the bucket.

For filling the same method applies. I actually made a bucket with a fitting on the end of it that I can fill in the bath room tub. Put dechlorinator/chemicals in the water, bring to correct temp, and then suck all that water directly into the tank without having to lift and pour from the bucket.[/QUOTE]

I love your setup!! I wonder if you're wife rents you out to do other tanks!! LOL!!
Can you post a picture of your bucket with the fittings? I can drain my tank pretty easily outside but I'm having to fill buckets and carry them to my 55 gal. My Aqueon hose won't fit my new style faucets and so far I can't find the correct adapter. Your bucket sounds like what I need. I wonder if I could put a fitting on my bucket and, using my suction hose, fill my tank. Think that's doable?

Back
Top Bottom