my new BLUE RAM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The picture or the jouvi ram on there is a male I believe see how the dorsal fin curls back, but it has black stripes on the pelvic fins. And that was the only sight that I have seen that says that

They said something about a pink belly in females. Right now it's so small I will have to wait couple of more months to determine the sex.

YLD said:
They said something about a pink belly in females. Right now it's so small I will have to wait couple of more months to determine the sex.

Males get pink bellies to but more during spawning, you should be able to tell if it's male or female do the first few rays turn back and point to the tail?

The males get it as well just more during spawning

I think is a female.. look at the pic

Its so shy :/ I hope its just because its new in the tank, I like to be able to see my fish often and this one is always hiding. :hide:

Attachments

• IMG_4689.jpg
    IMG_4689.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4690.jpg
    IMG_4690.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 74
When I got my first two males the reason why the person picked it out was because of the blue but it was stressed and after a while that colour whent away. Now it just looks like a male but I does have a more pinkish belly. Wait for it to mature a bit first. Also the pictures look kinda blurry for some reason. Or someone who knows more will speak up

Yeah Ill have to wait. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom