My new dwarf shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to my lfs and added some more colorful ones than I got online

Attachments

• 20180316_165331.jpg
    20180316_165331.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180316_165811.jpg
    20180316_165811.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 82
Actually the ones you bought online looks like culls. I maybe wrong. New cherry shrimps looks good. You have any fish in tank too?

Actually the ones you bought online looks like culls. I maybe wrong. New cherry shrimps looks good. You have any fish in tank too?
I have a really nice blue pearl shrimp but he seems to hide mostly. I have 5 lambchop rasboras as well. They seem to be doing pretty good together so far. Here's a video of my bloody Mary's I don't think I will be ordering online again, will just stick with the 2 lfs stores I usually buy my fish from. https://youtu.be/U2bkp7Vhec0?t=2

White substrate will tend to cause the shrimp to be more pale than if it is darker. They tend to blend in as a safety strategy.

Also the fish maybe keeping the shrimp hiding more because they are scared of becoming a fish snack.

Shrimp keeping is an addictive hobby!

White substrate will tend to cause the shrimp to be more pale than if it is darker. They tend to blend in as a safety strategy.

Also the fish maybe keeping the shrimp hiding more because they are scared of becoming a fish snack.

Shrimp keeping is an addictive hobby!
This is my 2nd tank, my first is a 20 high gallon community tank.
The only fish I have in my 10 gallon are 5 lambchop rasboras, who so far are ignoring him. The only other fish I might put in there are some otos and possibly some pygmy cories.

I have currently seen most of the shrimp out more since I added the extra 3 as I started out with the 4 and thought they would be comfortable with more shrimp friends.

I could always move the rasboras to my 20 gallon if they get any ideas of attacking my shrimp.

This is my 2nd tank, my first is a 20 high gallon community tank.
The only fish I have in my 10 gallon are 5 lambchop rasboras, who so far are ignoring him. The only other fish I might put in there are some otos and possibly some pygmy cories.

I have currently seen most of the shrimp out more since I added the extra 3 as I started out with the 4 and thought they would be comfortable with more shrimp friends.

I could always move the rasboras to my 20 gallon if they get any ideas of attacking my shrimp.

In April I will have had my first tank up for a year. I have amano and ghost shrimp in that one with my community tank.

My lfs said the rasboras would be okay with the shrimp. Hopefully they are right.

Probably for your new shrimp, it is more about the shrimp being worried about being eaten if the fish aren't really nipping at them.

They will get used to the fish, some like the online purchase likely came from a shrimp breeding tank rather than from a community tank, so they will take time to get used to the fish activity.

I'm a big fan of inverts!

Thanks Roxane for the update. I watched both videos and read your posts. Even if fish don't attack shrimps they still feel threatened and that's why hide more. Once they see fish as friends they slowly start to come out and with time they get more comfortable. However with shrimp babies its different. No fish can spare a baby shrimp. If you like to have a nice shrimp colony consider transferring your rasboras to other tank which have fish already but if you are just a casual fan of shrimps then you are fine. However if you like put some Moss in your tank. Its a great place fot beneficial bacteria to reside and a great hiding spots for baby shrimps or adult shrimps during molting.

The most safest fish I see is chili rasboras or also called mosquito rasboras. They are very tiny and looks very beautiful. Smaller than rasboras you have in tank. But as I said if shrimps is not your main preference then you are good. Just add some Moss. It will grow too and will benefit shrimps.

Back
Top Bottom