My new fish buddies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusedfishmom

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 different planted tanks
2 bolivian rams (30g shared with 1 oto)
1 dwarf puffer (10g solo)

All are doing well. The puffer has made it 3 weeks and is a PITA to feed but I'm figuring it out now. The rams (have had 1.5 weeks) lost coloring at first but are very active and get along well. Coloring seems to be returning. They're eating well now (were a little picky at first) and are very inquisitive.

IMG_5370.JPGIMG_5367.jpg

My puffer still won't take frozen. I basically gave up and just threw pest snails in his tank and have a live blackworm culture on the side. Then after giving him blackworms he won't eat the pest snails. ? the worms keep evading capture for feeding time. My bad, I threw a sponge in there and they duck down the minute I put my sucker thing in their water. I've had him for months.y friend however. Hers will eat whatever she throws in the tank. Like a piggy. ?

My puffer still won't take frozen. I basically gave up and just threw pest snails in his tank and have a live blackworm culture on the side. Then after giving him blackworms he won't eat the pest snails. [emoji36] the worms keep evading capture for feeding time. My bad, I threw a sponge in there and they duck down the minute I put my sucker thing in their water. I've had him for months.y friend however. Hers will eat whatever she throws in the tank. Like a piggy. [emoji26]

I feel your pain. I plan to write up a post about these fish when I have a little more time. I was not prepared to be a snail farmer, but that's what I am now. My guy won't touch bloodworms but he/she loves snails apparently. The tank is like a snail graveyard. I put like 20 snails in the tank thinking that they would reproduce and have a self sustaining tank. Haha. Gone within hours. Thankfully mine will eat snails. He'd be a goner otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom