My New Friends!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have filed the rough edges down. I also have LOTS of other spaces and crevices under the big rock for them to use. That's probably where they will go anyway.

I've had kuhlis hang out in cichlid stones. As long as they feel protected, you're good.

I do agree about watching for rough edges, though.

The panda's and kuhlis seem to be doing well. I have only seen 3 of the kuhlis out but hoping the other 2 are still in there. My tetras are picking at them so they are staying in hiding. Luckily I have all that fake grass and the kuhlis love to hide in it and it's fun to try and find them. Last night one of them had their head poking out of the grass. It was sooooooooo kewt!!

The serpea tetras seem to pick on anything and I've noticed that they are tearing up each others fins. I thought maybe the rams were picking on them but the rams seems very peaceful. I've watched them (alot:popcorn:) and the tetras are the aggressor. I'm just hoping that the tetras will leave my kuhlis alone or they will be goners. :whistle:

My serpaes were always well-behaved but I have heard others mention that theirs were nippy. All you can do is add more decor to help hide the kuhlis.

Kuhlis don't really care about being dive-bombed. They pretty much ignore other fish. I think some are still hiding just because they're new.

My kuhlis are so small. At least they seem that way. They look so different swimming around. They look like little worms..:D Their faces are oh so cute.
Most of them are probably around 2 inches in length. I have one that is smaller around than the others and I haven't seen him since I put him in the tank. Hopefully, he hasn't been sucked up in the filter.
Oh that would be horrible!!:(
There are so many places he could be though, so keeping my fingers and toes crossed that he is just hiding.

If you have a magnifying glass, you'd be amazed at how their little faces look like walruses.....

I know, don't they?!?!?! :)
They have the most adorable faces. I'm so in love and so happy that I got them! I love it when they just peek their faces out of the grass.
I'll try to get some pics but not going to make any promises.

Back
Top Bottom