My new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,
I just got pack from my lfs, where they had 5gal kits on sale, i bought one, and some plants, so now it is my new, planted aquarium. I just started my fishless cycle, I am going to get some guppies for it, i want to breed them. My stupid digital camera is broken, so i can't post some picts yet. but i will find a way. Anybody have any advice for me about anything, just post it. I am really excited :)

I will set up a half barell pond in my basement, i have it all figured out, don't worry.

I wont screw it up, i may still be a beginner at this stuff, but i have everything under control.

i have fancy guppies in my 30 gal, if you wont a challenge to breed fish, dont get them, get another fish lol, all i did is Add 1 male + 3 female=baby fish, that easy lol, good luck, look forward to the pics!!!!

What do you plan on doing with the babies ?
Yeah??? i dont now what to do with my little 1's atm they are food, so im interested in your reply!!

i don't really want a challenge, i just want the excitement of seeing little fry swimming around. I have never succesfully bred anything except feeder guppies. I hope this all works out the way i have planned. And since i am still a beginner at fishkeeping, i would rather get some easy fish to breed. Hoping to get pics up soon.

don't really want a challenge, i just want the excitement of seeing little fry swimming around. I have never succesfully bred anything except feeder guppies. I hope this all works out the way i have planned. And since i am still a beginner at fishkeeping, i would rather get some easy fish to breed.

Well fancy guppies are the fish for you then, thats what i did, and it is great to see them, well until they get eaten lol, good luck

Guppies are certainly a good choice for first breeding attempts. They require no work to breed, just clean water. Be prepared once they get going,they never stop!

no, not really, i was just going to go to my lfs and buy the ones that have nice colours. lol. I am no expert with guppy strains. I saw these ones that were pinkish white, with a pink tail (very shiny) and they had black marking on their tail. I don't know what they are called though. My koi breeder also breeds fancy guppies though too, so i might have a look at what he has.

Waterpond - glad you have a plan for the babies :) It IS a pleasure watching the little fry grow up. I have a couple of platy fry in my tank right now (I had intended all males but misidentified one of the fish). I guess its how our parents feel as we grow up - I'm so happy when I see the little guys come out of hiding and start acting like little adults. It really makes me smile. I'm sure your guppies will give you that pleasure also.
Take pics when you choose your guppies - I'd love to see them.

for sure, i will probably get them in there within the next few days, after i am done cycling. I can't wait to get some. I hope i dont make too many mistakes. This is kindof embarassing, but this is my first heated tank, lol. I have only kept coldwater before. I should be fine, kinda nervous. I have been researching all the things that could go wrong, so i am prepared. I will get pics up as soon as i am done planting it, and when i get some fish. Even though it isn't planted yet, it still looks pretty good.

awwww, well congratulations for turning to the heated side of fish life, I am sure you will be fine, you seem to be doing your research, so even if you do have a problem i am sure you will do just fine, and hey if you do need help, we are all here to help you as you go along. Cant wait for the pics :D

Back
Top Bottom