My oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelbreeder

Aquarium Advice Regular
My oscars seem to have made friends with there food and have let it live for 2 days, they are still eating just letting 1 fish live y is this?

Because you should NEVER feed live fish to your fish. The only exception being fish that have bred in your care and kept in pristine conditions to avoid disease and even then it's a risk. Where did you get the feeders? Pet store feeders are riddled with disease and it could be that your fish is reacting to just such a bad feeder. Feeders are also not very nutritious and gold fish feeders prevents and important vitamin (B or D I think) from being absorbed into the fish. If you want to give your fish live food get worms, crickets, grasshoppers(my fav) ect... Also what size tank? Tankmates? Water parameters, ammonia nitrite and nitrate readings? Water change schedule?

From my feeder tank, 150 gal, just a pair of them alone,i mix there diet all the time and nothing ever lives for long except this one fish, they seem to have accepted it

I had a guppy once that was in my tank for over a month and then one day I came home from work and he was gone. I would give a bit.

Back
Top Bottom