My over stocked 7.7 gallon tank progress.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yay! Woke up this morning expecting the worst they survived the night :) just done water change number 1 of the day going out soon to get the water test kit and new tap water neutralizer any suggestions on what to get ?

Shane l said:
Yay! Woke up this morning expecting the worst they survived the night :) just done water change number 1 of the day going out soon to get the water test kit and new tap water neutralizer any suggestions on what to get ?
I and almost everyone else here recommend the API Freshwater Master kit that costs around 30$. It is the most accurate and has the most tests for your money. And for the water neutralizer I recommend Seachem Prime or Amquel plus. They are almost exactly the same.

An API freshwater master kit & either Prime or Amquel Plus (both detox chlorine, cloramines, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)

This is all in a 7 gallon tank?

I suggest the API masterkit and prime as your water conditioner.

If the tank is only 7 gallons, I suggest you take all the guppies back and only keep the cories if they are pygmy's .

Shane l said:
Yes they all live " happily" in my 7.7 gallon

Then I most definitely would reccomend you return or rehome something. My 5 gallon tanks each hold 1 betta and an assortment of snails.

Will they have those exact ones in south Africa ?
Thats a good question! I really dont know! Basically, look for a water conditioner that detoxifys chlorine, chloramines, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, heavy metals and liquid test kit for freshwater that has tests for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, & ph. I know there has to be some equivalent products!!

Well it is a high bioload so you will have issues with water quality, and it is over crowded. The guppies may breed and it is just so many fish in such a small space it really isn't fair to them. Your fish will be stressed. My bettas don't spend hardly any time in a cave, they are always moving about spreading their finnage, flaring, and building bubblenests. Although they do occasionally "lay" on a plant.

Shane l said:
I will try. But what is the biggest problem I face with them in here

Overstocking. It can and will cause major issues in the future. I'd the tank cycled?
The issues that it causes include but are not limited to the following ( lol I sound like my school student handbook or something):
Out of control water parameters, aggression issues, frequent maintenance required, nitrate build up, stressed out fish, and much more

Yes they all live " happily" in my 7.7 gallon
Yet in another thread you've said your albino cory hasn't been moving for 24 hours. Seems there's already indicators that they aren't living happily.

Yet in another thread you've said your albino cory hasn't been moving for 24 hours. Seems there's already indicators that they aren't living happily.

An albino cory isn't a pygmy cory. You need to remove the cories ASAP, IMO they need a minimum tank size of 20 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom