My Paludarium Build (timeline)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow thanks for expanding my thought possibilities in general on setups. This thing is going to be awesome. This is like watching a tanked episode on steroids. Can't wait to see more...

I've almost finished the paludarium portion of the tank build. I just need to do some minor detailing, so I thought I would update the thread.

The aquarium portion is just breaking ground. Once I have it near completion, I will update everyone again.

Here is a video of the paludarium....

I was so excited to see what progress you've made- this is the coolest build I think I've ever seen.
But for some reason it says the video is unavailable. I don't know if it's just my device or if it's a larger problem?

I was so excited to see what progress you've made- this is the coolest build I think I've ever seen.
But for some reason it says the video is unavailable. I don't know if it's just my device or if it's a larger problem?

Okay, sorry about that, the video is now listed at unlisted not private. That should make it available to you.

So I went on a scuba diving trip and I'm finally getting back to the project.

This is the beginning of the hardscape in the bottom of the aquarium portion of the build. As you can see from the picture, the stone is pieced together similarly to the stone wall and waterfall in the paludarium portion. The gravel gradually elevates the stone as it makes it's way from the front to the back of the aquarium. This allows for a lower tier in the foreground a mid tier in the midground and a higher tier in the background. This will give the look some depth.

Along the walls I've started layering driftwood to mask the background. Identical to what is seen in the paludarium. Once I have the driftwood portion complete I will post another image.

s3aroZHD.jpg

Okay, latest update.

I started cycling the water to get a good look at the water flow. The paludarium is coming along well. I also set up the ultrasonic humidifiers. There are two stationed on the back wall. I failed to mention in the video that two of the holes in the PVC drip bar are feeding the custom made cups I mention in the video. The water then spills over from the cups and trickles down along the back wall.

I will post an image and description of the humidifiers I am using in the next post. Here is the video....

https://youtu.be/cI4t1i2_73w

I've embedded the plants in the canopy of the paludarium. I'm now working on the plants and fish for the aquascape.

I pick up the mating pair of Gold Dusted Day Geckos tomorrow. The tree frogs are anxious to see their new home. They'll have to wait just a few more days.

Here is a video....

https://youtu.be/BAGuaouwHdM

I can't wait to see this once the aquarium side is up and running as well! This is such a fantastic project.

I haven't made a video yet of the entire build, because I'm still working on the aquarium portion. I'm hoping to finish soon. Then I will make a proper video. I did take a picture of one of my Red Eyed Tree Frogs. This is one of the females.

0JalKHrO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom