My pearl gourami ate a cucumber seed...is this bad or will he be alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pstuder33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a slice of cucumber in my tank for my clown pleco and was watching the tank and noticed my pearl gourami picking at the slice and he totally swallowed a seed. He's prob 5 1/2-6 inches big. Is this bad? After I saw that, I removed the rest of the seeds. Thanks in advance for the replies! You guys have already helped me a ton!

A cucumber will probably sprout from him now. Bad for the fish, but look on the bright side... free cucumber!

Seriously though, Im sure its fine.

Haha, I thought so. I thought it might clog him up or something. In the future should I remove the seeds or does it really matter? I suppose they are nutritious for the fish though?

Ive never felt the need to remove them myself. I suppose anything can happen, but it seems to me that fish are pretty good about spitting out stuff they cant eat. Maybe give it some blanched peas to help move things along.

Blanched peas? I don't even know what those are ? goes to show how new I am at fish keeping or how healthy I eat...haha thanks the input guys.

Back
Top Bottom