My planted tropic 90l aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aluk3s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all! Im glad I joined this forum... So im in aquarium hobby for 8 years, so Im still a noob, but i adore freshwater aquariums. Here is mine 90 l aquarium its new 1 month old have some plants and they are adapting... For lighting i have 3 stripes of led lights white, red and blue/moon. For fish i have : neon tetras, white tetras, regular tetras, corydoras, red barbus, blue and red zebra fish... Any tips and advices are welcome...

Here are pics :

2rzcfgw.jpg

2lk9z0o.jpg

2dlqi4n.jpg

34e9fuw.jpg

And video :

Small update, today I bought around 30 fish : 10 neon, 5 white tetra, 5 guppy, 5 platy etc... Now aquarium looks more alive... Need your thoughts :D

28t9ete.jpg

That's a lot of fish for that size tank, even a planted tank. IMO, don't add any more. Good looking tank though. Will be really great once plants have grown.

Good looking tank! Just check for an ammonia spike. That many fish in a short period of time can make the tank crash. Also, look for sickness if you did not QT beforehand.

Yes I agree its a lot of fish but when you look at beautifull white and neon tetra schools you just cant resist :D I wont add any more and Ill keep an eye on ammonia i did an water change two days ago and ill do it in two weeks... Thnx for good comments

Watch carefully for ammonia and nitrite with that many fish will probably have to do more and larger water changes.

So what do you recommend how and when should I do water change on this amount of fish until aquarium is acclimated

Yes I agree its a lot of fish but when you look at beautifull white and neon tetra schools you just cant resist :D I wont add any more and Ill keep an eye on ammonia i did an water change two days ago and ill do it in two weeks... Thnx for good comments

Don't do your water change in two weeks. You need to test the water everyday and if there is any presence of ammonia do 50% water change everyday until it does away. With that many fish you need to do a 40-50% water change every single week.

Is there a way how to test without using test kit witch i dont have

And also when you do water change do you let the water sit couple hours before putting it in aqua or you put fresh water str8 inside... I have found different opinions online

You really need to buy an API Master Test kit. Most likely right now your fish are sitting in ammonia which is extremely toxic to fish.

I have never heard of letting water sit. You need to use Prime or another de-chlorinator for your water however. And I do 50% water changes weekly. Your number one priority is getting that Master Test kit however. And do 50% water daily changes anyways until you do. Don't wait 2 weeks.

Another update my dimensions are 60x50x40 cm so it appears my tank is 120 l not 90l i need to change in forum post name...

I dont know how to change forum post name...

Ok people so im doing one month update for my tank. One month ago I set up this aquarium, ok few days more, and i decided to do a follow up with pictures so we can follow the progress. Plants started to grow and Im happy considering that Im not using dirt only gravel substrate, Im adding C02 every week per liter after I do water change and its working, slowly but its working... Also I have some pretty schools of neon and white tetra, as well as guppy, zebra etc, couple cory on bottom and algae eating fish... I hope you enjoy pictures and if you have some tips feel free to write :D Enjoy

P.S. Sorry for not so good HD pictures Im taking pictures with my phone, dont have HD camera...

vywbx5.jpg

351y1c1.jpg

2ch6j6g.jpg

2hpkeo6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom