My platy is missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allycat7813

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Disappeared 3 days ago. Only other fish we have is another platy, 3 cory catfish and a neon tetra. Not in any hiding place in the tank. Not in filter, not on the floor around the tank. He is just gone. Where the **** did he go?

Make sure he didn't jump out , in plant, eaten , or stuck by filter! That is my advice!! Make sure he isn't a floater!!

Still haven't found him yet but now my other orange platy is missing. He was hiding a week ago but then he came out and looked fine. Last night he looked totally healthy. Now he's missing.

allycat7813 said:
Still haven't found him yet but now my other orange platy is missing. He was hiding a week ago but then he came out and looked fine. Last night he looked totally healthy. Now he's missing.

Check the hood/light too! Could be in weird spot of decoration in tank too.

Maybe he is hiding under/in on of your decorations. Or maybe you need to get glasses if you have any cause maybe the fish is right there and you can not see him do to your bad eyesight. If you do have glasses maybe you need a new perscription... lol j/k. But seriously maybe he is hidding in or around a decoration. Also if your fish never comes out of the hidding spot maybe it's because the fish is dead and stuck in or under the decoration.

Okay update!!
So the big platy has been disappearing during the day and eventually he comes out for food and a little play time. The other one is still gone - however, we just discovered a baby! OMG! So we don't know who had a baby....not sure on the sex. I think both females. But how cool. I think I need another tank for the baby. But seems everyone is leaving him alone. And we figure the big platy has been watching the baby (or babies?).

allycat7813 said:
Okay update!!
So the big platy has been disappearing during the day and eventually he comes out for food and a little play time. The other one is still gone - however, we just discovered a baby! OMG! So we don't know who had a baby....not sure on the sex. I think both females. But how cool. I think I need another tank for the baby. But seems everyone is leaving him alone. And we figure the big platy has been watching the baby (or babies?).

Yay that's good! They usual hide when they have birth. I can tell the sex of the platys if you want me to just post a pic. They will eat their young so you will have to have another tank or divider.

Back
Top Bottom