My pleco has clear poop..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sony notices my plecos poop is clear and stringy but on some parts it's filled out and brown..weird I know but is this good or bad? Is she just recovering from the ich she had? I'm going to do a 50-75% water exchange tonight to take out the meds as they've been in there for a week.

its shouldnt be white/clear unless you fed it something white/clear like cucumber. The poop should come out close to the same color as the food that went in.

it could be internal parasites, or it could just be from lack of food.

keep an eye on its eating habits

She hasn't eaten for a while because she's still recovering so I guess that's it and she eats algae wafers and the leftover goldfish food.

if you see it coming out as white and somewhat slimy, then that when you know it internal parasites, otherwise it could be lack of food, or even vegetation if you have any live plants in the tank

if you see it coming out as white and somewhat slimy, then that when you know it internal parasites, otherwise it could be lack of food, or even vegetation if you have any live plants in the tank
Like I said it is brown in some places so that means it can't be internal parasite right?

Back
Top Bottom