My Plecosamus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alia258

Aquarium Advice Addict
I love this fishy so much!!! Look at all these great pics!!! Please do comment, and ask any questions you'd like, as I am very sure in my ways of raising plecos ^^

When he was younger:

His cuteness hanging on a leaf:

Hanging out with his little cory friend:

His "mohawk":

He is healthy and happy! And he's such a fatty! He eats a whole one of those disc algae things every evening! That's so cute!!! I love him, his name is Oscar ^^~<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww cute! Great pics too! I just love plecos their soo cute!
What kind of pleco is Oscar?

Got to love them this I mine and he is about 10 inches long and 1 year old. He is definatly one of my favorite! And his name is pack man and he lives his alge disk usually 2 a day

ForumRunner_20120222_185530.jpg

This is mine he does not have a name yet. Any idea's. He is only about 1 1/2 inches long

Attachments

• image-600981841.jpg
    image-600981841.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 182
Hoover, kurby, bissel, orec....... Lol yeah I .just named every vaccume I could thinl of lol

Randy!!! Your pleco is ginormous!!!!! That's amazing! Mine is about 5 1/2 inches long, and the pet store told me he was just a common one. He's still growing, but because his home is a ten gallon he's not going to make it to full size, unless I get a bigger tank. Either way he's happy and healthy! I love his reddish color, it's so pretty! I'll have to get a pic of him upside-down sucking algae off the decor in my tank! He's so cute! I like his markings, even though he went from dark blue to reddish, he's kept those lighter markings on him ^^ he likes the large amount of algae that grow on my one plastic plant and the ruins decorations! You know what? He nearly died when I got him! He wouldn't move, it started the second week I got him! There was a spike in the levels and the water got so nasty and I couldn't get it out! Then I discovered that if I use the water from the filtered thing from the sink (it cleans out chlorine, fluorine, and puts minerals in, to be healthy drinking water) and then stress coat, the water is so much healthier. And now the tanks inhabitants live in good for you drinking water ^^

Danio, your pleco is so cute! Call him George!!! That's like the best name in the book ^^

Does Kirby do anything quirky? Mine sits on the row of columns thing upside-down ^^

alia258 said:
Does Kirby do anything quirky? Mine sits on the row of columns thing upside-down ^^

When I drop an algae disc in the tank he gets really excited and swims around the tank chasing away the other fish.

That's too funney! With my pleco, when I turn the light on in the morning or off at night, he is the ONLY one who acts suprised! You'd think that after a year he might understand the schedule! ^^

Alia thanks..... He is a big guy and I expect him to get a good bit bigger as he is in a 175 gal. He is goofy as ever he does everything upside down and because he is in a tank with my 14 inch Oscar he lives to pewter the Oscar. I don't know if you have ever felt your little guy but they feel like armored sand paper. Mine loves for my to pet it nudge him.when i clean out the tank

Mine is just a common pleco, nothing special (according to the store) but he is currently my favorite fishie ever!!!

Khris I couldn't begin to tell you what kind he is I naught him as a little tiny plain ol pleco and come ti find out he definatly isn't as he gas spots rather than stripes and has a few other characteristics that seperate him but I would live to know if any one can offer any opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom