My red tail shark is losing his tail color? Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a red tail shark witch is hiding alot and his tail lost almost all of its color and is really choppy. When i first put him in my 80 gal tank his tail was bright red but now its like see through, what is this and how do i cure it??
(I passed him yo my QT tank again tonight)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410999617.656621.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410999641.295178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you feed him? Sometimes the quality of the food and what you are feeding will effect the color. When we give our guys brine shrimp and other live foods they color up super quick.

I feed him and all the rest of my fish tetra min witch has very good reputation. He has been hiding alot and not eating. He maybe ate 1 time the pase week ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411000214.806116.jpg

I agree. Try shrimp pellets or live brine shrimp if you can get them. He might not like them. Also omega one super color is awesome! It is a bit more expensive than tetra but it is worth the couple of dollars in my opinion.

So if you can could you get some better pics? I don't see anything other than the discoloration but better safe than sorry to see if there is anything else going on

(Also I know it is super hard to get pics if fish)

It can- so I would just double check everything in the morning/tomorrow

Stress also makes them lose their color. Is he the only red tail in the tank? Is anyone else harassing him?

What tank mates does he have?

Back
Top Bottom