Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to iains
my rope fish died :(

he jumped out of my tank from a small opening by the filter i believe and when i woke up in the morning he was on my floor, still alive and i put him in the water and then he wasnt acting normal, he just hung out at the top of the tank and would move around slowly. later when i checked on him he was at the bottom of the tank upside down i took out 3 gallons today and put 3 back in because my chichlids wouldnt eat the food i got for em so it made my tank cloudy. i'm takin the ropefish back today because he had a week warenty. what should i feed my chichlids if they wont eat the pellets, just feed them normal tropical fish food?

Old 08-15-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry about the ropefish. Will you be getting another one? Eventually a ropefish will eat smaller tankmates. What kind of cichlids do you have? Your profile says you have a 10 gallon...is that where you keep the cichlids and the ropefish? 10 gallon is very small for most cichlids and the ropefish as well.

As far as feeding if they won't eat the pellets try some frozen stuff like krill, bloodworms, brine shrimp, & plankton. That should get them eating. Also make sure your pellets aren't too big. Hopefully in a 10 gallon you have very small cichlids and they might be better with flakes till they are bigger. Also give them some veggies to pick at once a week, zucchini or peas.

I would advise against another ropefish if in fact he was housed in the 10 gallon with cichlids.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
hey iaians,

sorry to hear about your rope fish. as you have now learned, they are very good at getting out of tanks, so you need to make sure there is absolutely no openings for your next one to get out. if there is an opening, they will continue getting out.

i hope you have better luck with your next one. also, i agree 100% with talloulou on the tank size.

good luck. and welcome to AA!!

-brent
Old 08-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Sorry to hear about your rope.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
die, died

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com