My scary mighty fearsome Ram is a wimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
I felt sorry for my brother's betta (1 Gallon, no filter, weird stuff on surface) so I hijacked him and stuck him in my 10g.

It started flaring at my Bolivian Ram. The ram swam away but the Betta chased it. It starting fighting with my ram, but the ram kept dodging like "cmon dude, you're better than this".

So 5 minutes later he is back in that little pit...

Theres NOTHING I can do about that fish.
:(

LOL! so the Ram got moved on in his own crib and wouldn't nuckle up? LOL at him backpedaling.

I don't think it's a good idea to keep the betta with the ram. The vast majority of bettas do not appreciate tankmates.

Also, did you acclimate the betta to your tank or did you just toss him in? Why do you think the betta is dying?

The ran and betta are to similar for the Betta which probably made it flare up. Many people have betta fish in community tanks but they are basically the only long finned colored thing in the tank. IMO it would be betta just to put in an airstone or get a hatchery for him.

IMO you don't have enough space to keep a betta and a ram in the same tank.

Even in my 40 Gallon my betta is picked on by my ram, one of the reasons why I am getting rid of them.

I acclimated him. And he is dying he has no heater, filter, light, just a little gallon. :(

So he is back... I'm planning to get him a normal tank soon...

Attachments

• image-2186998594.jpg
    image-2186998594.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 83
You should stick a thermometer to see what the temperature is at. Filters can be made if you want to make one or you an get a sponge filter

Do a PWC on the 1g. He may not be coping well with the water parameter change. Can you test his water? Water changes will be need to be done every 2 days because he has no filter to process ammonia.

There is nothing to recover from mumma he is deteriorating in there :( I am getting a 2g and a filter asap

QuietPlotter said:
There is nothing to recover from mumma he is deteriorating in there :( I am getting a 2g and a filter asap

If you can get a 5 or a 10 that would be better. Granted a 2g would be better than the 1g but larger still will be good for him. Even a 5g with a DIY sponge filter would work.

Back
Top Bottom