My school's fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleggat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For months I have told my technicians at my school that they need to rehome the fish that they have.. They keep them in the technician room, in a 7 gallon tank.. At first they had a betta.. It died.. Another betta was bought, it died.. And another bought and died.. That's the same story for most of the other fish. Through this they bought a COMMON PLECO.. FOR A 7 GAL!!! Also they got an angelfish a few months ago.. A mature one from a bigger tank hence it's size. So.. I'll cut the rest of my story short and get to the point. They now have a 4 inch common pleco, a 6 inch (from the top of the fin to the bottom of the lower one), 4 platies, 4 guppies newbies, I just walked by and seen them at a glance as I was heading to one of my classes, most of them looked like males but there might be a female, I'll have a closer look on monday.. I am probably missing another fish out, I am just so angry right now with them. These people are really boiling my blood. My friend and I have began a petition against them.. We already have over 50 signatures from pupils and teachers at our school.

It's good that you have signatures, I'm sure that will lead to action being taken. How do you know it is 7 gallons?

Hopefully they will understand and regime the fish before they all get sick!

One of the guppies died.. They also have some tetras and a barb, poor fish!

George9 said:
Hopefully they will understand and regime the fish before they all get sick!

I just realized that I said the wrong word before! Stupid auto correct... I meant to say re-home, not regime.

George9 said:
I just realized that I said the wrong word before! Stupid auto correct... I meant to say re-home, not regime.

Lol! I was like: what? Regime them? Lol

Thing is they are good friends with the biology teachers... Wouldn't they think to tell them? They got a rainbow on thursday.. A singular one poor little guy, they just wont stop until that tank is cramped full of fish with no water left..

Back
Top Bottom