my snail is sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mystery snail eggs do not look like that, but their poo does. Sometimes you will see stringy clear thing hanging off of them, which is the poo. I have attached pics of my mysteries eggs. :)
I would recommend feeding your snails, which is going to be hard with the thieving goldie in there LOL. You might have to separate them when feeding. My one mystery (golf ball size) eats an entire algae wafer once a day.
When you touch the flesh of that snail, does it go back into it's shell? How long have you had the snails, two years? Have you taken it out of the tank and smelled it?
You can grind up cuttle bone and sprinkle it into the tank to help their shell grow.
I think the gold coloring on the body is just it's color.
I just picked up some peaches, oranges, apples and zuchinni today to feed my snail, on the advice of MGamer20o0. :)

you are so lucky!!! I want baby snails too!!! : )

Glad the hear they ate some veggies!!! And yes, they eat fast!
I don't know if I got any baby snails, as I haven't seen any yet. I know they are REALLY small for a few weeks though, so I still have hope! :)

dk, i saw a bunch of baby MTS in the bag that you sent me! Either that or it was poop lol. Looked like little baby snails... all are good and it is awesome to watch them burrow into the sand!

I don't know if I got any baby snails, as I haven't seen any yet. I know they are REALLY small for a few weeks though, so I still have hope! :)

When I had apple snails before, the babies were only the size of the egg when they hatched. (about 1-2 mm). They were rather cute, as the sanils were perfectly formed, just very tiny. Sadly, none survived to adulthood. I think my goldies had them for snacks .....

I still have my fingers crossed, but I had to put my assassin snails in there to control the ramshorn and mts population, so I hope they don't get them all.

Back
Top Bottom