My Tank Habitat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here are some photos of my tank and its inhabitants.

Dwarf Neon Rainbow
d_rainbow.JPG

Beacon Tetras & Hengeli Rasboras
hnt_hengeli.JPG

Clown Pleco
plec.JPG

Neon Tetras
neon.JPG

Bamboo Shrimp
2shrimp.JPG

Red Cherry Shrimp
RCS_1.JPG

Australian Rainbow
rainbow.jpg

Oto
oto_d.JPG

Here are a few pictures of the tank

tank_f.JPG

tank_s.JPG

temp.JPG

Originally posted on my blog here https://batou.org/mylife/?p=309

Thanks for all the compliments, im trying to provide a good home for my pets :)

I added some Java Moss to the top of the cave (Thanks LWB) and *drumroll* the Bolivian Rams that i ordered finally arrived and i picked them up from my LFS last week :)

Here are some pics of the Rams. No clue what sex they are but the fish store told me that it one was male, the other female. They are pretty young, LWB said its hard to sex them when they are younger so who knows :D Hopefully they color up. I raised my tank temp from 77.4 to around the 79-80 range as per things i read on the Bolivians.

boliv_bag.JPG

Bolivian_3.JPG

Bolivian_2.JPG

Bolivian_1.JPG

-Pleco

Hi Pleco, nice looking tank and i like the stock list aswell! ;)

I was wandering how your bolivians treat your shrimp?
I am very interested in getting some shrimp, at first i wanted some bamboo's but i think they'll look a bit silly in a 20gal as they get quite big - 3/4".
So it looks like i'll have to go for amano shrimp/ghost shrimp or cherry shrimp, have your bolivians attacked or shown any aggression towards the shrimp at all? I am worried that i may have problems.

Thanks.

Very nice tank you have there!

I really like your rock cave. Did you make it? Or did you get it somewhere you can point me to?

those are great pics. I am thinking that my P&S does not have enough flash to capture the fish well. what are you using?

Satsumas said:
Hi Pleco, nice looking tank and i like the stock list aswell! ;)

I was wandering how your bolivians treat your shrimp?
I am very interested in getting some shrimp, at first i wanted some bamboo's but i think they'll look a bit silly in a 20gal as they get quite big - 3/4".
So it looks like i'll have to go for amano shrimp/ghost shrimp or cherry shrimp, have your bolivians attacked or shown any aggression towards the shrimp at all? I am worried that i may have problems.

Thanks.

My bolivians ignore the shrimp, they haven't acted aggressive at all towards them. I mainly believe its because they don't fit in the "can it fit in my mouth" category, bamboo shrimp can get pretty big and live 5-7 years :)

neilanh said:
Very nice tank you have there!

I really like your rock cave. Did you make it? Or did you get it somewhere you can point me to?

The rock cave is plastic, i bought it from Petsmart :)

Print this out before you go as its $18.99 in store and $12.99 on the interweb. They will price-match their website in the store :)

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...1168645623314&itemNo=5&In=Fish&N=2030108&Ne=2

cabezon said:
those are great pics. I am thinking that my P&S does not have enough flash to capture the fish well. what are you using?

I use a Canon EOS XTi Digital Camera with either my 28-105L lens or one of my wide angle lenses. I use either a Canon 550EX or the onboard flash for fill in my photos. Sometimes i Photoshop, usually laziness wins and i don't :)

-Pleco

Back
Top Bottom