My Tank Help! ^^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something I'm not sure has been touched on in any of your threads is, are you testing your water with a liquid test kit? I'd be curious to see what the nitrate reading is on the 10 gal with the plec that you haven't been doing water changes on, I'd suspect it's at dangerous levels. It's crucial to have one of these test kits to properly run an aquarium. There could be toxic levels of ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate present in your water that wouldn't even know about otherwise. If you don't already own one, I'd highly recommend you pick one up as soon as you can. It's definitely imperative you have one before starting your new tank.

siva said:
Something I'm not sure has been touched on in any of your threads is, are you testing your water with a liquid test kit? I'd be curious to see what the nitrate reading is on the 10 gal with the plec that you haven't been doing water changes on, I'd suspect it's at dangerous levels. It's crucial to have one of these test kits to properly run an aquarium. There could be toxic levels of ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate present in your water that wouldn't even know about otherwise. If you don't already own one, I'd highly recommend you pick one up as soon as you can. It's definitely imperative you have one before starting your new tank.

+1 a test kit is an absolute necessity!

I just got a sample pH testing kit, that's all I have. Next week I'll look into buying a water tester that tests it all.

Be sure to get a liquid test kit, not the little strips. They are inaccurate and much more expensive in the long run. Knowing your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate is pretty much essential to keeping a healthy tank.

alia258 said:
I just got a sample pH testing kit, that's all I have. Next week I'll look into buying a water tester that tests it all.

You can buy one from amazon for 18.00 + shipping. Takes 3 days to get to you. E

Are they really 18.00? Aren't there any that come cheaper?

Considering any of the tests individually are around $10 in stores or online, $18 is a great deal. I ended up buying my kit piece by piece and have spent at least $60.

alia258 said:
Okay well I'll shoot for the $18.00 one.

The API master test kit on amazon is around $18. I bought mine at petco for $32. I was too impatient to wait on shipping. :). Good luck!

I can wait for my shipping maybe...look at my other thread please! My tank is totally screwed if the crap in the water doesn't go down!!!

alia258 said:
I can wait for my shipping maybe...look at my other thread please! My tank is totally screwed if the crap in the water doesn't go down!!!

I may have just looked at it. Murky tank thread?

Yeah you just saw it, I'm really totally screwed with this. Just totally screwed. I have to wait until all the stuff settles to the bottom, if that doesn't kill my fish first.

Back
Top Bottom