My tank is not quite leveled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eggie100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 26gal bow front tank sitting on top of a stand that is built for it.

How dangerous is it to have a 26 gal tank not quite leveled? At the front, it is about 2 to 3 mm lower than the back. And the left side is also about 2 mm lower than the right. I've concluded that the unevenness is not due to the stand, but rather, it is due to the hardwood floors.

I've tried to balance it out by shoving some padding under the tank, but when I did that, it wobbles. It feels more solid if I don't insert anything under the stand.

If I leave the tank as is, will it break eventually?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced.

Well I'm not an engineer but in my opinion it would be ok. As long as all sides are evenly supported, I don't think you should have a problem.

Hopefully someone who knows more about it can chime in though.

Good luck!

-brent

Yes eggie. Tanks are designed to be level. The added weight on the front of a bowfront could be enough to cause an eventual leak. Try buying some wooden shims and get the tank level.

Right - I'm with BrianNY. Get those wooden wedges used to shim door and window frames. They tap in very easily, then snap off the part that shows and you are golden. I think it is very much worth it to get the tank level, and since you have water in there it is easy to see when you have achieved this.

Back
Top Bottom