My tank is slowly leaking i need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turn off any air pumps to figure out how bad. When I had a leak I turned off the air and it slowed enough to patch it.

It's coming from the bottom and it's probably the seal but I haved it for over a year? When I came in he wood it's on was all wet but that could've been when I reached it to get a loose anachris I lowered the water a bit to make sure it's not just spilling out
When I cleaned the water it slowly started to leak like really slow so right now theirs towels around it

I had that problem unfortunately with my 37 when I got it...thankfully it was still cycling. It started to slowly leak and I ended up just emptying it and re-sealing.

Yours is a 10g so luckily it's not huge. The only problem with resealing is it can be hard to see where it's leaking and if you can't find it then you should be safe and probably re-seal the whole bottom. It's tedious work scraping old seal out and then it has to dry for a day or so.

Mr.Pleco said:
I had that problem unfortunately with my 37 when I got it...thankfully it was still cycling. It started to slowly leak and I ended up just emptying it and re-sealing.

Yours is a 10g so luckily it's not huge. The only problem with resealing is it can be hard to see where it's leaking and if you can't find it then you should be safe and probably re-seal the whole bottom. It's tedious work scraping old seal out and then it has to dry for a day or so.

I just checked out a few videos and I'm just gonna reseal the whole thing but first I wanna be 100% sure it's a leak and not just spilt water I'll look at it in the morning and if it is I'm gonna have to go through the whole process
The thing is I have live plants

Fishandmusic81 said:
I just checked out a few videos and I'm just gonna reseal the whole thing but first I wanna be 100% sure it's a leak and not just spilt water I'll look at it in the morning and if it is I'm gonna have to go through the whole process
The thing is I have live plants

When I rescaped my 50 and needed the fish out I put them in coolers and put the filter and air stone in there til I was done. Plants will survive in a cooler or something if you put the light on them. Just make sure you don't wait too long to finish the tank.

Mr.Pleco said:
When I rescaped my 50 and needed the fish out I put them in coolers and put the filter and air stone in there til I was done. Plants will survive in a cooler or something if you put the light on them. Just make sure you don't wait too long to finish the tank.

Oh okay thanks for the advice I'll continue tomorrow if is really leaking

Resealing a tank isn't terribly difficult to do, but it is time consuming and tedious. With the price of 10 gallon tanks being as cheap as they are, IMO it is worth the 10-14 bucks to buy a new one and not make the effort to reseal the old. I've resealed much larger (and more expensive) tanks but I honestly wouldn't even bother with a 10.

Resealing a tank isn't terribly difficult to do, but it is time consuming and tedious. With the price of 10 gallon tanks being as cheap as they are, IMO it is worth the 10-14 bucks to buy a new one and not make the effort to reseal the old. I've resealed much larger (and more expensive) tanks but I honestly wouldn't even bother with a 10.

That means that the 10 gallon is the perfect one to practice on! Personally I would try to reseal it myself with the knowledge that if it doesn't work i can just get another 10 gallon for cheap. Better to get experience on a cheap tank then need to do it on an expensive one for the first time. :)

Eh, the first one I did was a 55 gallon. That was a tank I set up at my former workplace, 6-7 years ago. Last I heard it is still fully functional and holding water. Like I said, it's more tedious and time consuming than technically difficult.

I would have to agree with that 100%

Spend the few bucks and buy a new ten gallon, or better yet upgrade to a twenty. Then reseal the leaking ten gallon and you have another tank. :D

I'm not sure if it's still leaking okay yesterday water was everywhere I'd wipe it off and itd still seep through like a leak I left towels I woke up checked them they were pretty dry no water seeped through I think someone closed the drawer too hard causing water to spill
Hopefully it's not a leak idk if I can get another 10 gallon I'm saving up to redo my hermit crab tank and my 40 gallon I also bough two 25 gallon tanks so my dads pretty much done giving me money for all this lol

It stopped so my guess is some water spilled got under the tank ive noticed that the house leans a bit to left so it should've been there
And yup craigslist is where I bought the two 25 gallon tanks

Keep a watch on it. I've had a tank leak, stop, and start leaking again. Sometimes shifting the weight of the decor off the bad spot will help slow a leak.

GailLA said:
Keep a watch on it. I've had a tank leak, stop, and start leaking again. Sometimes shifting the weight of the decor off the bad spot will help slow a leak.

Will do and I think the heaviest thing in there is the driftwood that's bit on the bad side

:confused:

I've also experienced this. I have a 25l tank to reseal, but need the time to do it...

Know I'm starting to worry that the other 25l has a leak. I strongly feel it's condensation from the lid, but not sure. Condensation is constantly rolling down the sides of the tank. Anyone have an idea how to stop the condensation so I can see if it's actually leaking?

Back
Top Bottom