My Tank Master Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After much time planning and deciding I've sort of rendered my "master plan" for my tank on adobe illustrator. Plus, I've finally got the fish money to enact it. Now its just a matter of waiting for the lfs to order my stock! :D :D :D :p

Please take a look at my plan, feedback much appreciated and alerts to any possible problems with my tank plan. :)

I've already got 1 dwarf gourami, 1 BN pleco, the castle-like driftwood piece (centre), 1 baby crested java fern, 1 anubias nana, 1 anubias lacelot, the oriental sword, 2 vallisneria and that grey fake cave rock thing at the left.

However im having second thoughts about the grey fake rocks. But the grey fake rock (left) which ive already got is a much needed cave. Also im hoping i will be able to slightly overstock with overfiltration and regular maintanence? hmmm... what do you think? :?

Attachments

• tank-aquascaping.gif
    tank-aquascaping.gif
    69.1 KB · Views: 105
Ithink you might wanna dose CO2 with 2 wpg. Personally I have 2 wpg in my 15 and had no algae problem before I injected CO2, but to be safe you should. Everything else looks great, how did you make that picture..it looks great!

Wow that looks great :), can you post some reall photos when you get the tank done :)

yeh sure! sad thing is the lfs hasnt got any new stock of all the fish on my plan. :( but good things come to those who wait! I made the picture on adobe illustrator CS an art program from adobe. And I will post some real photos of course.

I am thinking of CO2 but I am gonna wait for my father the handyman to visit. Im also gonna trial the plants b4 for now i start CO2 but I will most definitly get DIY CO2 in the future.

thanks for your feedback! :mrgreen:

Looks good so far. You could consider some reall rocks and build a cave yourself (with silicon so it won't crash on top of the fishes) if you don't like the look of the fake caves.

NICE illo!!!!!! you seem like an art student or designer. this is just my opinion (as a graphic designer myself), i would go with real rocks and real wood. you can be a lot more creative with it, and it ends up looking much more natural. get some lace rock, texas holey rock, slate and/or some funky pieces of driftwood--whatever satifies your creativity. for me the fake stuff always looks, well, fake. the cool thing is that you can also rearrange the tank occasionally (careful not to freak out the fish :))--and keep it evolving. i think your tank is going to look awesome! i love contortion vals and i think you have a nice mix of foreground and background plants--the anubias nana is a great choice too.

good luck and keep us updated with pics!

get some lace rock, texas holey rock, slate and/or some funky pieces of driftwood--whatever satifies your creativity.

Texas holey rock is limestone and will raise pH. With the fish you are choosing you probably don't want to do that. I use lace rock in a couple of my tanks and I like the way it looks. It's really easy to build caves with too. 8)

I'm not sure zenkatydid! :D

I think i will be going with real rocks, it will be fun to create caves and sculptures! Thanks for ALL your feedback, very very much appreiated! Any comments about fish? :mrgreen:

Heh, and no im not exactly an art student or designer. I just like my adobe illustrator! :fadein:

probably not if you don't recognise my name :p i have a friend called blukat (kat, in sydney), who is into fish and thought it was most odd that she was here! :D

Well went to the LFS today and I got the 4 black neon tetras and the 4 glowlight tetras. The lady threw in a free black neon too! :mrgreen: Also bought an extra canister for the internal powerehead and some filter cartirdges.

Just finished aclimating, and they look brilliant. They all school together despite being different species and its wonderful to see a shimmering group of iridescent reds, iridescent white and blacks flashing round the tank.

However, the lfs didnt have any natural rock :( but pics will come up as soon as I've bought some nice rock

Back
Top Bottom