My Tank, Needs Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was impressed with "One and only". I spent 5 weeks cycling with my 5 danios doing PWC almost every day and when I finally saw nitrites and then nitrates, I messed it up by cleaning the gravel and filter. So after 2 weeks of 0.5 ammonia (that's what my tap water has even though I use Prime) and no nitrites again, I tried "One and only" and it took a week from the time I added it for the cycle to complete: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 10-20 nitrates.

1Vampiregirl said:
I was impressed with "One and only". I spent 5 weeks cycling with my 5 danios doing PWC almost every day and when I finally saw nitrites and then nitrates, I messed it up by cleaning the gravel and filter. So after 2 weeks of 0.5 ammonia (that's what my tap water has even though I use Prime) and no nitrites again, I tried "One and only" and it took a week from the time I added it for the cycle to complete: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 10-20 nitrates.

Where can I get that?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

dkpate said:
When you use Prime, you will still get readings, but it's a false positive.

Do I need to stop using it to get stuff straight?

No, it actually helps. The Prime binds to a certain amount of ammonia and nitrites, which means it's not bad for your fish, but you will still get a reading with your test kit. Kind of like a Prime bubble around a piece of ammonia. The Prime will only bind to the ammonia and nitrite for about 24 hours though, so it doesn't last forever.

dkpate said:
No, it actually helps. The Prime binds to a certain amount of ammonia and nitrites, which means it's not bad for your fish, but you will still get a reading with your test kit. Kind of like a Prime bubble around a piece of ammonia. The Prime will only bind to the ammonia and nitrite for about 24 hours though, so it doesn't last forever.

I guess one decade I'll cycle :(

Back
Top Bottom