My Tank (Pictures!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkkkyle7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just re-setup my 36 gallon bow front aquarium, sorry the pictures are bad quality! There are still bubbles everywhere so it makes it even worse. I painted the stand/trim/hood white just recently so it would match my bedroom better. It has a Aqua Clear 50 filter, black gravel, red lava rock, and many artificial plants. In the future I am going to add another Aqua Clear filter possibly. I am working on a background right now that is black crumpled paper with silver and red specks on it. I am for sure wanting to stock angels, corys, rainbow fish OR rams (whichever I can find, there hard to find around here), neon tetras, hatchet fish, bamboo shrimp and maybe balloon mollies. I just set it up today and added some of my friends gravel to help cycling. Either tomorrow or Monday I am planning on getting a few fish to start. I bought that Tetra Easy Balance today to try out, any comments on that stuff? Anyone have any better suggestions/ideas for my aquarium? Any different kinds of fish? If you want you can give me a list of fish you think would look good (from the fish I picked out or your own ideas) and the number of them I should put in, thanks!

11kytrs.jpg

xgkyu8.jpg

v4xx1v.jpg

9stmon.jpg

Your tank looks good. Make sure your tank is well cycled before adding any fish from your list, they don't do well when stressed. A tank that size I would get one angel, 4 or 5 cories and a trio of mollies. You won't have to worry about a population explosion because the angel will take care of that. You might want to reconsider the hatchets for right now it looks like you have a small opening around your filter and they do jump out. Neons are a natural food for angels so that is something to consider. The rams I have seen locally aren't very healthy so I don't have any experience with them. I only have South American species so I don't have any experience with the rainbow fish.

I don't have any experience with the tetra easy balance since I always cycle my tanks the time consuming way.

Your tank looks nice, it is hard to look at a fishless tank, it makes you want to run out and buy all your fish right away. It is best to only add one fish at a time in a new tank. I make sure never to add any water from the store to my QT tank, they may be medicating their fish and I know a lot of medicines can kill the good bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom