My Tiger Barbs.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 6 small tiger barbs and 3 small albino tiger barbs, and really love them, lol. Today when I was doing my water test, they would try to get into my test tube while I was trying to fill it up, lol. And anytime I walk up to the tank, they come out of their hang-outs and come right up to me begging to be fed, lol. And one of the tiger barbs is my ultimate favorite of the tiger barbs. He's almost completely black, and have red on the tips of the fins. He's barely over 1/2 inch too. All the barbs are that small. But he's the coolest of them. It's like he tells the others where to go, and they do it, lol. And when he get's real playful, it looks like attacks other barbs head on, almost like aggressive kissing, lol. Such a character he is.

Aren't tiger barbs loads o' fun? Sounds like you have a nice sized group too. I know what you mean about the begging - mine even slap the glass with their tails to get my attention! :D

Just be careful to rinse the test-tube really really well between tests so you don't risk poisoning the tank with the test chemicals.

Tiger barbs are very bold. I can actually hand catch them with ease...they are so un-afraid of my hand, as they know it's the hand that feeds :)

The net though...they don't like it.

I was thinking the same as QTOFFER. I'm kinda paranoid with contamination so I use a plastic dropper that doesn't touch anything except the aquariums water.

You thread is inspiring to me Lonewolf. My 30 g is going to become a barb tank as soon as all the other inhabitants have been relocated. I already have 3 green tiger barbs in the QT and one arulious barb. I'm planning on getting three more tiger (the black and white kind) and two more arulious.

I was`thinking of getting an eye dropper, would probably be easier to get the correct amount in instead of making several tries til you get it at the line.

Have you seen or do you have the tiger barb that's almost all black, with a little red on the tips of the fins? One of my tiger barbs is that way, he's so cool to watch. He's probably the smallest of the bunch, but is the boldest.

Isn't that called a "green" tiger barb? Although our two green tiger barbs are definitely black.

It has some showing of stripes on part of his body, but the majority is black. If I can ever get a good shot of him, I'll post a pic. He's just so small and quick.

All tiger barbs are quick! I love those guys. They're tough as nails too. Just kick butt little fish. It's a good thing they don't have big razor sharp teeth or you'd never be able to put your hand in the water.

Touching Fish

Tiger barbs are very bold. I can actually hand catch them with ease...they are so un-afraid of my hand, as they know it's the hand that feeds

I had an angelfish that would let me touch his body. But he got angry when I would touch his fins.

That one tiger barb, most of his upper body is black, but around his belly, it's the regular tiger barbs colors and stripes.

Did some research, it's definitely a green tiger barb. Found pics online. Maybe I should get a couple more of them and add to the group, lol. Just so he's not the only green tiger barb. Even though he loves being with all the other barbs. :)

Crusis said:
All tiger barbs are quick! I love those guys. They're tough as nails too. Just kick butt little fish. It's a good thing they don't have big razor sharp teeth or you'd never be able to put your hand in the water.

Tiger Barbs+Razor Teeth=Ummmmmmmmmmmm, I aint sticking my hands in there, lol.

When I was doing a pwc last night, the tiger barbs were pecking at my hand on the tube, and 1 got one of my arm hairs just right, ouch, lol.

I saw some albino tigers in the LFS a couple of days ago... they were so tempting. Barbs in general are just really awesome fish, my favorite overall probably. We have gold and rosy barbs in our community tank, and their pretty much characters too. Hardy as can be, this community tank killed 15 neons in three days when they were introduced, but we've only lost one of 24 barbs. The rosy barbs were replacements for the neons, actually.

The great thing is that the barbs also eat algae off the plants, so they keep my planted tank looking good!

Back
Top Bottom