My wanted fish group okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NativeTank7

Aquarium Advice Activist
As of right now I have 10 zebra danios (roughly 3 months old) in a 55 gallon planted tank. Soon I want to up the stock so it doesn't look so empty. I was curious what you guys thought if I went with
30 harlequin rasboras
(Original) 10 zebra danios
And maybe 1 angel?
You guys think that would work?

I'd be careful with the Angel... Harlequin Rasboras are pretty bite sized compared to most adult Angel sizes. After agreeing to take care of my friend's full grown angel when she moved, I distinctly remember watching in horror as the Angel neatly bit out the eyes of my Neon Tetras. I would imagine a similar situation would occur with the Rasboras.

If you get the angel as young as you can find it, you might be ok. GENERALLY if they are raised with smaller fish they see them as tank mates not snacks.

^x2! Rainbows are friendly and beautiful. I think you'll get a much more varied, colorful, and peaceful community with that combo.

Of course, I may be biased... I have a school of 12 Threadfin Rainbowfish in my 75 gallon and I love their constant fin flicking display ;)

How about 12 rasboras, 8 cory cats, and 5-6 assorted rainbow fish.

U would get some Cory cats if I could find some around here lol our fish stores are Bare minimum except for saltwater. TBH I'm not that big a fan of rainbows. I'm not sure what it is. I guess the colors maybe. I'm looking for that "uniform look" with all the same color. That's why I was thinking a bunch of red with the rasboras and a jet black angel to change up the size of the fish I have. They sale the angels as baby's (quarter size) at our local breeder

U would get some Cory cats if I could find some around here lol our fish stores are Bare minimum except for saltwater. TBH I'm not that big a fan of rainbows. I'm not sure what it is. I guess the colors maybe. I'm looking for that "uniform look" with all the same color. That's why I was thinking a bunch of red with the rasboras and a jet black angel to change up the size of the fish I have. They sale the angels as baby's (quarter size) at our local breeder

Anybody think that list is overstocked or good? Seems close

I didn't think much of rainbowfish at first either. Their in-store colors are very bland since they're still young, but their adult coloration is where they shine. In my case, it wasn't even the colors that won me over, but the behavior. Male Threadfins put on a really cool fin flicking display when showing off to the girls or to male rivals. It adds some really cool activity to the tank.

Stocking-wise, depends on the particular cory or rainbowfish type you go with, but definitely not overstocked imo. If you stick to the smaller rainbowfish & cories you could fit a few more in fact. If you go with a large rainbowfish then you're about full.

As of right now I have 10 zebra danios (roughly 3 months old) in a 55 gallon planted tank. Soon I want to up the stock so it doesn't look so empty. I was curious what you guys thought if I went with
30 harlequin rasboras
(Original) 10 zebra danios
And maybe 1 angel?
You guys think that would work?

Other than needing some cories for the bottom, that looks good :) Especially if its well planted.

Back
Top Bottom