My wifes betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the female betta gets along with everyone of her tankmates

Id be careful if there's a female betta in the tank, they can be aggressive to females as well. As for the tetra, there sketchy, and always getting into some kind of mischeif

Id put a divider in the tank, and give him 1/3rd of the tank, and put some cory cats with him and the other part of tank as well, there good with shrimp, and way more effective and fun.

hippy guy said:
Id put a divider in the tank, and give him 1/3rd of the tank, and put some cory cats with him and the other part of tank as well, there good with shrimp, and way more effective and fun.

I can't do cory's because my substrate is too rough on their little barbs i tried and had to move the injured surviors to my 20 gal where they live happily like little kings. As for the divider i haven't seen him try to jump ship even during feeding . Nor has he flared up to the female. I plan on reversing them here shortly ( like week or so ) cause i plan on trying to breed them. I know that means uprooting everybody else but i was trying to get a friend of mine to give me his old 75 gal. That's gathering dust in his garage. Yay potential new project on the horizon.lol

What kind of substrate was used for corys, I'm actually about to do a total overhaul for my corys (had em a week now)

hippy guy said:
What kind of substrate was used for corys, I'm actually about to do a total overhaul for my corys (had em a week now)

The first was just your cheap run of the mill colored rock ( you know the one's with the littlle sharp edges) DON'T USE!!!
The second and i found better was the rounded gravel. I used some small and some medium. Now they go all over face in to the gravel looking for the sinking pellets and wafer's it's halarious.

Dropsy is one of the things bettas are prone to. So is swim bladder disease and velvet. Dropsy being the most difficult to treat. I found very little success stories on curing a betta, or any fish for that matter, with dropsy. Seems usually even if they seem better at first, they slip back, and almost never survive. I would begin treatment immediately. Do research and determine what method you want to use. I would definitely begin adding salt. Ideally you would remove the fish to a hospital tank to treat. There is debate as to whether or not dropsy can be spread to the rest of the tank. From the pic it's really one of the worse looking cases I've seen. I would say salt and Maracyn if you can get your hands on it but he probably won't make it. :(

So yea my wife refuses to let me "take care of" her fish. She wants to let nature do it's thing on it's time

Antipixx said:
So yea my wife refuses to let me "take care of" her fish. She wants to let nature do it's thing on it's time

Oh no. :( can you slip him some meds while she's at work or something?

Well that's her choice. I don't see the logic though. Sadly, nature has little to do with fish in glass boxes. This isn't the wild...these are our pets and our responsibilities.

Honestly I can't even believe that betta is still alive. He looked real bad a week ago. :(

He's not now i had to put a swordtail of mine down and did the betta at the same time. I ended up using the temp shock method boiling ver. I had to build myself up to it and had to add water to the pot 3 times :(

Back
Top Bottom