Mystery 'bubble nest'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyektulu

Aquarium Advice Freak

I am wondering if anyone can help me explain the sudden arrival of something which I can only describe as a 'bubble nest' in my tank.

I have a 3ft bow fronted tank which has been up and running for around a year, the water PH, Nitrate, Nitrite and Kh are all perfect and I use living plants.
In the tank I have 2 Senegal Bichirs, several Cherry Barbs, White Cloud Mountain Minnows and three Dwarf Hoplo's.
All of which I am quite certain do not breed by bubble nests, I have bred both the Barbs and Minnows and have bred other species of Catfish in the past so these could not of been the potential parents.
I have checked up online and although not much is known about the breeding of Senegal Bichirs I am quite sure that they do not breed by bubble nest.

I am quite confused as I have been keeping tropical fish for many years now and the only other occurence of a bubble nest is from my Dwarf Gouramis breeding...

Is there anything at all that could explain the sudden appearance of this 'nest'?

Could be your filter, mine does that sometimes, or if you added anything to the tank recently sometimes will do it (Bettafix does that to me sometimes) ...other than that ._. no idea

Hmm I doubt it is the filter, I have had the same filter in for a long time and the filter media is changed frequently.
I have not added anything to the tank recently...

Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom