Mystery bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipee2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently added two rams (german gold and german blue) to my tank and they seemed to be fitting in with my 3 neon tetras and 2 male guppies until about a week ago when i noticed a bite out of one of my guppies tail, over the next couple days it got worse but i couldn't figure out whether it was one of the rams or the other guppy i went with one of the rams doing it as there was no reason for the guppies to be fighting. It keeps getting worse and it looks painful (but i don't think it infected).But what surprised me when i got home today and checked my fish as usual was a big split in the other guppies tail.I hope that it doesn't get worse. but what i don't get is the shop were i get my fish from(pets at home) said that the combo of fish was fine and they wouldn't fight please tell me if this is wrong and if you have any advice on what to do.:fish2::thanks::fish1:p.s. look at the picture in the link it has a picture of the bullied guppy.

I can't see it being the rams. Theyre usually fine with guppys. It's more likely to be the guppys fighting, trying to sort out dominance between themselves. If not it could also possibly be the neons. I have known neons to go for a guppys tail before.

Hi, recently I had a few fish injured so badly they all died. Turns out that a gold mountain minnow was the aggressor and now that he has been 'evicted' to another tank everyone is fine. Don't rule out any of the tank inhabitants! Good luck and I hope you get to the bottom of it. X

um i really think the ram did it i have seen it chace my mollies and guppies away to the point that it ripped it fins but only the guppies because they are slower and have bigger delicate fins and the guppies doubtly will do that to each other they hardly even fight each other just chase. mollies, swordtails, and platies are known for doing that

Back
Top Bottom