Mystery eggs someone please id them for me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have found a batch of eggs on a Vallis leaf this morning and they look like snail eggs to me ? What are your thoughts?

image-2427628901.jpg

And just now tonight I've had these show up they look like more eggs of some sort but white and larger and round? Some on the glass and some on a leave ? These have me stumped are they a different type of snail?

image-1223236087.jpg

image-909887118.jpg

image-3160226594.jpg

image-2980900058.jpg

So guys I thought well since the panda corys were in there I'd google there eggs and see if they match and they look just like them I hope it is! I've only had them in there for 4 days

im so excited little cory eggs ! i just treated the tank with multicure today the lower dosage for the corys so i hope theyl be fine. what should i do? will the mum eat the eggs?

so.i read that i should remove the eggs into a fry saver as the adults might eat them and i have a platy in there to as she had a spot on her tail to. im hoping cos i only used the low dosage rate of the multicure it wont affect the eggs. ill have to get another fry saver tomorrow cross my fingers they make it overnight. im also scared about moving the eggs i.dont want to kill them any advice?

also id like to put the fry saver in the other tank its more mature and stable and this ones newly cycled. will the eggs be fine if i do move them to the other tank? do i have to aclimatise them?

i forgot to mention i put my two berried cherry shrimp in the fry saver and woke up to shrimplets this morning. so could i place the eggs in with them? will the adult cherrys harm the eggs ?

The eggs look White to me though. I think they are Cories but what colour do they look like in person.

I don't think they are fertile then. Sorry! :( cory eggs are meant to be a tan colour if fertilised. If White it may mean they are infertile. I'm so sorry but trust me once they start they'll never stop. You've done such a good job getting them to breed that early on. They will have fertile ones very soon though! Just feed them a meaty diet and they to sex them. Good luck!

well that sucks but these things happen i guess ill leave them and see what happens. thanks for letting me know. one of them looks a little darker so im hoping at least one will be fertile but.if.not next time ill know what to do :)

That's not necessarily true. I've had many white cory eggs that looked white but hatched out. So much so that I'd often separate good and bad eggs but still keep the bad ones because a number of them would turn out viable.

Fungus is the best way to tell good from bad. Separate any that get fuzzy immediately. I prefer to use a razor blade to move eggs, they do best with good water flow and a fungus inhibitor like methylene blue or tannic acid.

Last edited:
i added multicure as one of my pandas has a white fungal growth on its tail will that help prevent fungus on the eggs? they were laid after i added the treatment. They have been laid on the side of the filter output so that shoulg help to. i guess its just a wait and see game then if they do hatch great! but if not ill look forward to the next batch

Well I feel so stupid I was trying to remove the eggs and it was harder than it sounded I think I squished some dropped one and couldn't get them to stick to the sides :( ahh I officially stink at this. I moved the shrimp let's in with the eggs and the 2 mums hope they make it after all that! But now eggs are on the floor well what's left sitting in the shrimp poop :( eh

so its been over a month since i posted this and just today i found a baby panda cory :) i was so excited to find this one little survivor especially after the loss of my 2 adult pandas. I removed the eggs and put them in a breeder but none of the eggs hatched so a little egg i didnt see stayed in the tank and made it yay

I started this thread awhile ago but thought I'd Post a pic of the surviving baby as he is now :) he's still tiny and next to a platy fry and mystery snail for size comparison

image-4159182746.jpg

Back
Top Bottom