Mystery fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this guy mixed in with green neons at the LFS- they didn't know what he was, said they didn't order him he must've just gotten mixed in with the shipment. Any ideas appreciated :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400713595.021157.jpg

I think its a splashing tetra. But could be wrong lol.

Unfortunately, this little guy became very aggressive and started chasing around and nipping my CPDs and endlers after only 24 hours in my tank, so I moved him into my larger tank with fish that he can't bully.

Tetras need to be in schools otherwise they can get stressed and fin nip. Around 10-15 is a good size school for them. Bare minimum of 6.

I'm currently standing in front of a tank full of there guys at my specialty LFS. They have them labeled as "Spotted Jenysnie Livebearers". When I tried to do a quick google search, the closest I could find was "Spotted Jennie Livebearers" and the images produced weren't helpful. :(

Tetras need to be in schools otherwise they can get stressed and fin nip. Around 10-15 is a good size school for them. Bare minimum of 6.

Yes, I know schooling fish can be like that when not kept in a school. But from reading my first post I'm sure you can understand why I was not able to get any more of them.

I'm currently standing in front of a tank full of there guys at my specialty LFS. They have them labeled as "Spotted Jenysnie Livebearers". When I tried to do a quick google search, the closest I could find was "Spotted Jennie Livebearers" and the images produced weren't helpful. :(

They're spotted splashing tetras!

If they look exactly like that one someone will be disappointed when they lay eggs lol.

Copella callolepis This fish doesn't appear to have a common name, but is in the same genus of 'pencil' tetras as the splashing tetra Copella arnoldi

Back
Top Bottom