mystery in tank ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i have fish that keep flickin and scratching no signs of white spot traeting for flukes at min but thats not seem to be working and a few of my black mollies have got this white patch appear on 1 part of the ody then couple days later is spread to a few places ?? but most other fish in tank are flicking but no white patches ?? need to identify this b4 my fish all die ??? help

Ich often starts out of sight in the gills. The white patches sound like fungus.

What medications are you using? What are your water parameters?

Ich often starts out of sight in the gills. The white patches sound like fungus.

What medications are you using? What are your water parameters?

hi jim ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 12.5mg/l ph 7.5 everything is clear and i do regular water changes. been using sterazin because i thought i had flukes as no signs of white spot. will treat with protozin next which treats funguses white spot and few other things its all weird ??
they have a white patch then it sort off vanishes bit lighter then like their body and face covered in white lumpy stuff not whitespots ??? :confused:

The white stuff definitely sounds like fungus. My rainbows had fungus a while back. I noticed the fungus before work and I didn't have any medication for it. I added salt and left with the intention of going to the LFS after I got home from work. The fungus had actually cleared up with just the salt by the time I got home.

Back
Top Bottom