Mystery molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidguy14

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi my sister was wondering what kind d of molly she has. It is white with black spots its back fin is really tall and it has a swordtail. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd say that it's a dalmatian molly but if it has a 'swordtail' then it's probably not a molly.....can you post pictures please?

Thanks a lot we got her from pet smart for cheap and it is a really beautiful fish thanks

Thanks and sorry you might be able to buy them online but that's pretty expensive

Its so sad she died I can't believe it

So sad!!! I have a HUGE Dalmatian Molly and love it's personality. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We don't know what it died from so we changed the water and washed all the ornaments and stuff like that

Sad loss. She was a he by the way. Lyretail silver marbled sailfin molly would be the normal description, but they are known as dalmation in the retail trade. Used to be known as salt.and pepper molly many moons ago too.

OK cool so are they pretty rare or no

I didn't see your response before:p Dalmatian lyre tails aren't too rare, depending where you live I guess. My LFS has them all the time but it might be a first for some:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom