Mystery Snail Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrConnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a golden mystery snail for about 2 months and recently got a black one to keep it company. This morning I found that the black one is floating in his shell on the surface of the water and shortly after that one started the gold one started doing the same. What are they doing?? Is this normal?

I've NEVER seen the gold one do this ever before.

Nobody's gonna tell me??

What a sad sad day when I get no answer to a new thread...

I've had threads up for days with no comments..... patience is a virtue, my little fishy friend. Don't make me sic Darla on you! :cool:

I named all my mystery snails "Bob"..... now you know why. :lol:

I've had threads up for days with no comments..... patience is a virtue, my little fishy friend. Don't make me sic Darla on you! :cool:

I named all my mystery snails "Bob"..... now you know why. :lol:

I have no patience whatsoever and I was afraid they were gonna die!:(

Then I watched longer and Lumiere attached himself to Gary and nasty snail grinding ensued...:eek:!!! It was a very romantic interlude between the two of them (and all the fishy spectators). They seem to be recovering at this point & the fish are high fiving them as they swim by. All is goooooooood.

If you have a male and female apple snail they'll breed like crazy
If you have any questions about raising the babies you can ask me haha.
I've become a bit of a snail breeder

If you have a male and female apple snail they'll breed like crazy
If you have any questions about raising the babies you can ask me haha.
I've become a bit of a snail breeder

I may just do that! I'm about to get another tank, so I may very well end up putting a couple in that tank as well. No reason why they can't be with gold fish right?

Back
Top Bottom