Mystery Snail fell out of tank and has big break in shell!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is good! She already repaired the opening where the trap door shuts and is moving around slowly. I noticed last night though that the two snails were mating so I am worried she will fall out of the tank again trying to lay the eggs

Just lower the water level in the tank a couple of inches. I leave my tank water just low enough to leave a couple of inches between the black edge of the tank rim and the top of the water. It stopped my snail from trying to leave the tank to lay eggs.

Or put netting over the top :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey guys I just wanted to update you and let you know the mystery snail died today. I noticed the trap door was open and the shrimp were on top of her. When I picked her up the door stayed open and I tried to entice her to close it with no avail. I will say I may have killed her with the heat at 86-87 degrees as I am treating ich. The other snail is still alive and moving though. She laid a clutch of eggs before she died so I will keep two of those snails to kind of remember her as I will donate the rest to my LFS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom