Mystery Snail mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello Everyone,

It's now been a week or more and both of my Mystery Snails are floating with hatches closed. My water parameters are fine. They used to cruise all over the tank and now they just float. Any ideas? I check every day to make sure neither of them have died. It started with the Golden and now the Blue one is floating too. I've read that they are an early indicator of bad water, but nothing has changed in my tank. I would appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks-D

Must say I would have suspected water conditions as well but usually I'm trying to get rid of snails not keep them :). No other changes at all or an increase in nitrates?

Must say I would have suspected water conditions as well but usually I'm trying to get rid of snails not keep them :). No other changes at all or an increase in nitrates?

No, no changes at all, and nitrates are very low due to the plants I assume.
I have 6 GBRs that are thriving and I've always heard that they are also very touchy about water parameters. I check the snails constantly to make sure that they haven't died, but their hatches are firmly closed. They've been floating for quite some time though so obviously something is making them unhappy.
Thanks for responding-D

Do you use or have used copper in your tank?
Are your fish harassing them?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you use or have used copper in your tank?
Are your fish harassing them?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, and nope. Nothing new and I have a nice peaceful community tank. No bullies. Thanks. D

Back
Top Bottom