mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristilynn

Aquarium Advice Regular
How big do mystery snails get? Got two a few months ago, their getting pretty big. about half dollar size. Their pretty cool. :flowers:

Yeah I agree, they usually max out between 2 -3 inches.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

How cool. Glad I only got two. Thanks for the pics Nigel. You had different sized ones. Do they breed?

That's the dad and two babies of his. If you have a male and female they will lay an egg clutch above the water line around the rim of the tank. If you don't want babies just cut it down and crush it up.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I never had luck with those things.. Nerites live forever.. but these things.. grow big.. then die.. even when I put in algae waffers

Thanks for the info Nigel. I know I have a male for sure. I have seen them doing some "funny stuff " . Thought they might be cleaning each others shells, got a feeling there is a lot more to it. :whistle: Will find out if I find eggs.

Good luck. I tried everything to get mine to breed. Ended up with a thousand clutches, some I cut down and tried putting in a separate container, others I left up there. I just finally got babies recently after the female had died.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom