Name my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just bought six little tetras from Petco but I forgot what type they are! They grow to a max size of 1.5", are mostly clear but their top and bottom fins are black and yellow and the back fin is red. I searched for a while online but I could not find them on any sites. They can't be rare though, I got them at PetCo!

Nope, thats not it. The yellow and black fins are the most distinguishing feature, very noticable.

Those are Pristella Tetras. I have a closer pic of one in my gallery. Or you can look below.

Yep, pristellas. I have 7 of the gold variety in one of my tanks. They're really peaceful and hardy, and should do great in a community tank. :mrgreen:

No question, thats them. Thanks for clearing that up guys!

I just got 6 glowlight tetras to go with my 7 gold pristellas, and they are so peaceful and beautiful together! What else are you going to add- I assume the pristellas are for the 55 gallon in your sig? 8)

I am planing on adding 3 more schools of 6 small fish. Considering glowlight tetras, neons, zebra dainos, or some other cool looking small school fish that catches my eye. Since its a new tank I am only adding 6 fish a week until I get the four schools I want.

Glowlights are cool! I wouldn't add neons until your tank is more established though, they do not do well in a new tank. Zebra danios are really hardy and should do fine in a new tank. Green fire tetras are eye catching and hardy, if you can find them, here's a pic of some of mine in case you don't know what they look like:
img_382795_0_8b45539ce3d6130026c4b62b533ced76.jpg

Have you considered Serpae's? They are also peaceful and schoal in groups of 6. I just got some this weekend and they are fabulous...nice colors and very active.

Back
Top Bottom