Name that betta! (I can't come up with a name...help lol)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey ....I know I haven't talked in a while.... lol

Well I got a new male betta fish. He's really odd though. Most of his body is cellophane coloration because you can see his bloodvessels and stuff and he's that orange peachy color cellophanes are but he's got like an almost marbled pattern of small red blotches on his tail fins and a kind of darkened head. Thing is...I don't know what to name him and I keep hating to call him "you" every time I see him and I just can't come up with a name X.x lol Suggestions?

img_541483_0_c63e8f039df43f63b3bfe8e3f6479a61.jpg

img_541483_1_a6b5f9a5d55f8f2347a1603daf65c1f1.jpg

img_541483_2_cf42b20361b6548c8ad49f55c381a552.jpg

There that's him x.x

Strangely enough although I can't even begin to explain it, the first thing that came to mind when I saw his pic was Tangerine. I must be losing my mind. Beautiful betta btw.

LOL I also thought Peaches but then I remembered it's a male betta. Hmmm.....Tang? Scully?

o_O;; lmao look at all the names....

I don't know if this helps or not but when I got him he was the wimpiest fish ever. The mollies freaked the crap out of him lol and now he's trying to be Mr. Macho of the tank but the only one he can seem to dominate over is my gouramis...he doesn't hurt them but if they get in his face he'll chase them a bit and then back off. But my female betta Sasha scares the crap out of him now, she's the dominant one of my tank. I know I know you're not supposed to keep them together but I have, in the past, kept a cellophane betta fish with her and he never killed her unless they were in close close quarters together in a tiny tank (like a vase cuz I did that once to move thinks and he bit her but it was fine after that)... and so far i have had no problems with him because he's completely afraid of her and she's not beating him up either.

hmmmm... I know I won't name him Tang because that was my dwarf gourami's name that was my favorite that died x__x Dimetri was a nice name... I don't want to name him after historic people o.o lol sorry...Tangerine and Peaches...just makes me hungry so I'm not callin him that...lol...Spot sounds too general @__@ lol sorry ....Wyatt is a nice name...reminds me of Charmed lol...Epsilon's a nice name too....

Ahhhhh......too many good names X.x lol

I like "Vlad the impaler". In memory of my girlfriends fish (died a week ago... :( ) (google him)

or Crimson. Not quite his color, but still a cool name.

Theta (thay-da) Is a really cool name that goes along the "alpha betta cappa delta epsilon... line. I'd call him omega too. because he wants to be the "alpha and omega" of the tank.

*shrugs*

Let us know what you decide!

I think I'll call him Comet cuz his tail ish all spotted ^__^ Thanks for all the great suggestions guys!

Back
Top Bottom