Nano fish for a 2.5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't even feed mine. But he lives in a heavily planted 20G. He lives on small organisms I seeded into it with live plants from a river. It also has seed shrimp. You can try to culture seed shrimp or brine shrimp for you indostomus. Then, slowly coax it into frozen daphnia. Then it will be easy :D

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The bloodworm is likely too large, I always fed baby brineshrimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine ate frozen and live baby brine shrimp. But also ate crushed Omega One color flakes and Hikari micro pellets. Both crushed. Mine was eating flake at the store.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright, I have frozen baby brine shrimp that I originally bought for my baby cory cats I bred. But I hope that they will take the frozen baby brine shrimp, I don't have anything else. If I need live baby brine, where could I order a culture cheap?

Thanks,

Nils

BTW, does anyone have any SB for sale?

Alright, I have frozen baby brine shrimp that I originally bought for my baby cory cats I bred. But I hope that they will take the frozen baby brine shrimp, I don't have anything else. If I need live baby brine, where could I order a culture cheap?

Thanks,

Nils

BTW, does anyone have any SB for sale?

If you have to hatch your own, order the eggs(not the mix) and get some sea salt( I use the salt for marine aquariums) the eggs should come with directions and you can buy a hatchery or make one yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You mean no one has invented a shrink-ray and manmade fish for this tank? How about a betta? Really should have a larger tank, but if he does a 50% water change per day and that does not stress the betta too much, it will work. A HOB filter would help actually increase the volume of water and keep some movement in the water.

Emerald rasbora might work, they don't grow bigger than 3/4" and develop very nice coloration if conditions are right

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, but I am sticking with the SB. I am cleaning the tank right now, to get rid of the parasites that killed my puffer. I will be taking water out of my 10 gallon tank, I have had it for 8 months now, So that I won't have to cycle it. The shrimp will breed and once they do that, I will get the SB so he can eat some live food. Thanks guys, I think the thread is done now.

Thanks,

Nils

Just fyi, using only water from a older tank won't cycle a new one.

To do it fast and conveniently, there are two ways. Take some used, dirty filter media from the old filter, put that in the new filter, and it will cycle it super fast, in a day or three, depending how much media you use.

Or clean the old filter and pour the dirty water from the cleaning into the new filter. It will have loads of the BB in it and quickly seed the new filter. You can also pour it into the tank if you want, but usually then you'd have to siphon the solids that settle to the tank bottom out again. So I just pour the rinsings into the filter. First time I tried it, a big nitrite spike I had in a newly set up tank was completely gone in 36 hours, and fully cycled in 48 hours.

What fishfur said.

I've cycled 1-3 gallon tanks in a few days with about 1" of filter floss from my slightly more established tank.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Try Fintastic in Matthews, NC you might have some luck there.

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp and the small fries...

Sorry for the delay you guys, I was grounded :)

I have already tried Fintastic, it's a nice store, but no SB. I am going to try the SeaShell petshop, and see if they have them. If not, Upscale Aquatics is where I will go. Does anyone know where I can get moss, where the shrimp would like to hide in? Or maybe some duckweed?

Thanks,

Nils

Any of the stores have moss amd duckweed. Fintastic has a large selection of stem plants. Pet Supplies Plus in Pineville has lots of random plants. Upscale has nice plants. Petco in Huntersville has a large selecrion of plants but their tank is overgrown so the bottoms of them aren't as healthy. The petsmarts dont really have a good selection. The only place that doesnt have snails galore is Upscale but I can't promise that there are no snails.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Went to Upscale today and they didn't have any SBs but I'm sure he wouldn't mind ordering them from you. I think they did have Ghost Shrimp and RCS. I can't remember how much ghosts were there. The cheapest place I've found them is Pet Supermarket for $2 for 10. Pet Supplies Plus might be the same price but you have to go on Wednesday or they will sell out. Petsmarts are like $0.30 each I believe and Petco is $0.40 I think.

I've purchased nice looking RCS from AA members (JungleFowl, PittBully13) for about a buck a piece. Extras and berried females. And they are from NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom