Nanofish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
Y'all check this link out and tell me what you think. I'm thinking of getting my son one of those 5 gallon desktop set-ups for his room for Christmas....wouldn't one of these teeny tiny fish be perfect in there??

I'm particularly liking that Badis badis....just one, with some plants. Check 'em out and give me some feed back.

LINK: http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

I have been looking around here for some dario darios, they are beautiful. I hear that have alot of personality too. Perfect for a 5gal i would say. I think it would be neat to have one of those, then a school of the really small rasboras.

I thought so too! I love that Badis badis. Most of the the tiny rasboras that I like on that site are out of stock. Maybe I'll have better luck after Christmas.

Melissa, I know someone on another site that has 2 Scarlet Badis (sci. name is Dario Dario...confusing) in a planted 8g. They are small, cute little fish. Hers won't eat anything besides frozen bloodworms though. ;) Picky little things....

HERE is an article on them from Aquarium Fish. They recommend a 10g though. I know for these guys, I'd think a 5g would be too small, but not sure about the other type....I think 8-10 gallons would be fine though, for a pair.

Some of the rasboras on that site are too cute! I'd love to have a little planted 5.5g for some of those microrasboras. :)

Thanks for that article Krisitin. I might just go ahead and get him a 10 gallon kit....they don't cost much more than those mini-bow 5 gallon kits, he has room on his dresser (if I make him move all his junk LOL). Anyway, the site I'm looking at has only males, I wonder if 2 males would get along in a 10?

Back
Top Bottom