Native fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakerBoy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know anything about native fish from Texas? Yesterday I went down to the creek and caught a lot of minnows, I was wondering if someone could help me out with a list of names to maybe I.d. them. Its hard to get a picture because they zoom everywhere and all I have is my phone.

Just your luck I an very good with fish in Texas as I was stationed there for 6 years and am a very avid fisherman. If you want to private .message .me I can give you my number and we can text back and forth if need be. Pictures are going to be important though

Even if you have to pick them up by hand it might make it easier for you

A good source is to get a peterson field guide to freshwater fishes (2nd edition), it's around $15 on amazon.

You can also google around a bit to get some info. One thing to remember, don't keep any fish unless you can properly I.D. them, you might be taking an endangered or restricted species, and the FWC can and will fine you whether you know the rules or not.

Back
Top Bottom