"Natural" Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azn_fishy55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My two gallon betta tank has basically all the plant I didn't need,wanted anymore and some plants that hang out of the top. Under the water there are 2 Cryptocoryne lutea, a clump of java moss and above the water are lucky bamboo and pothos. Will the plants be enough to keep the betta's water quality stable?The only light it gets is partial sunlight,I dunno how the plants thrive but they do with no CO2. If I took out the filter, would it kill my betta?

as long as you did your weekly water changes u will be fine..not sure if sunlight will be enough though...somthing that small ..light would be pretty cheap to get

id say ur betta will be fine, i kept them in jars when i bred them and they didnt have any problems, very hardy fish which will survive impossible conditions.
After all they do survive in sewers around the asia region ive heard.
Grab a small halogen light for your plants im sure a 10 or 15 wat would do fine for a few hours per day of light.

If you are going to keep on top of it, go for it and let us know how it works out :) If you can add another fast grower it will only help. When I did natural 2g I changed two cups of water a day because it is so easy and kept the surface clean. (The tank did not do well for me, however.)

Back
Top Bottom