natural food for a biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
Getting a southeast Asia biotope started. Looking at placing 6-8 tiger barbs, 5 khuli loaches and a red tailed shark. What can I do to try and make a natural food for them.

What size is the tank?

You can do frozen foods. You can grow your own

Are you meaning like flies and mosquitoes, what they would be eating naturally in the wild?

Personally I think it is unnecessary since there are many prepared foods to keep them healthy. Many have added vitamins and minerals because the fish aren't actually in a natural, but a man created, environment so they could miss out on important needed nutrients.

I was just curious as to what is out there. I would still probably feed a flake but mix it with something natural if I could.

What size is the tank?

You can do frozen foods. You can grow your own

Are you meaning like flies and mosquitoes, what they would be eating naturally in the wild?

Personally I think it is unnecessary since there are many prepared foods to keep them healthy. Many have added vitamins and minerals because the fish aren't actually in a natural, but a man created, environment so they could miss out on important needed nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom