Natural ph lowering tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaphia1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ones anybody know any natural ways to lower the ph of a tank?

I have a 10g and a 1g. The 10g is balanced, reading 0's for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. There are a few live plants in the tank right now, as well as 5 guppies and a dwarf gourami. The ph has been around 7.6 and I want it to be at 7. The 1g is even higher, but is still cycling through a recent addition of fish.

Any thoughts?

Ones anybody know any natural ways to lower the ph of a tank?

I have a 10g and a 1g. The 10g is balanced, reading 0's for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. There are a few live plants in the tank right now, as well as 5 guppies and a dwarf gourami. The ph has been around 7.6 and I want it to be at 7. The 1g is even higher, but is still cycling through a recent addition of fish.

Any thoughts?

I use indian almond leaves to gently lower the ph. Peat moss also works. A ph of 7.6 is not a problem at all for most tropical fishes. Any radical changes to ph in such small tanks can cause problems. I would leave well enough alone.

I did a ph test on my tap water. It comes out between 8.4-8.6. But I have a tap water filter that comes out around 6.4-6.6. Is it ok to add small amounts of the filtered water to the conditioned tap? Will it gently lower the ph?

Back
Top Bottom